Saturday, November 26, 2016

Encounter God: Groups, Books, Mountains and People!

Each week, our family participates in a Life Group.  It has changed and morphed over the years with new people and different studies.  However, the one thing that stays the same is that I am richer because of it.

Just yesterday, I had the ah ha moment when I realized that all the good things that Christ did on Earth I get the credit as if I did them.  Not only did He fulfill the punishment of my sin and God's wrath was taken out on Him for my disobedience, but His PERFECT goodness and fulfillment of God's law was added to me.  WHOA!

Often I leave the group with a new movie to watch or a book recommendation.  Yesterday it was Valley of Vision.
I found a pdf on a church web page and found a part of an amazing prayer.

I am well pleased with Your will, whatever it is or should be in all respects.  And if you bid me decide for myself in any affair, I would refer all to You.  For You are infinitely wise and cannot do amiss as I am in danger of doing.  I rejoice to think that all things are at Your disposal and it delights me to leave them there.  

Amen!


Life group continues, as I got to spend some time with Melody enjoying skiing for the first time this year. Surrounded by mountains, and running into two other outdoor friends, I can trust in the LORD Psalm 125

Great break doing puzzles and getting ready for Jesus birthday!
If we don't have snow, at least I can do a snow scene

Where  is Max?

Willow watching me enter the crawl space.  She can't be far from me at any time.   




No comments:

Post a Comment