One of the thought provoking chapels that I heard during my time as a graduate student at Moody Graduate School, I took notes. My Bible is too worn and the cover fell off, so I decided to put in on the web so that I will always have it. (unless the web dies). I have no idea who spoke to give acknowledgment to.
I would take these questions and ask myself periodically to do a litmus test on my heart.
1. Am I content in the who I am becoming? Every day we get closer to who we are going to be. Is my lie a standstill or is it progressing? What is my personal vision statement apart from achievement?
2. Do I have a quiet center to my life?
Like when jesus commended Mary when Martha was busy doing good stuff. Do I allow God to speak to me in the stillness of life?
3. Can I point to current areas that God is transforming in my life? Am I at a standstill since conversion or do I see God changing areas in my life today. If I continue to stall it just leads to spiritual death.
4. Am I maintaining freshness in my walk with God? Water that flows is fresh. Am I more like a lagoon or a river? I must keep what I am receiving and letting it flow out to others.
5. Am I functioning in my unique ministry? What is my passion? Am I allowing the Holy Spirit to invigorate and empower my ministry?
6. Am I growing in my awe as a worshipper of God? Is worship just a ritual or does God give you goose bumps? When God is glorified I am most satisfied by John Piper.
7. Is my spiritual diet a healthy one for me? Am I getting what I need in my spiritual diet?
8. Am I more genuineness in my love for others? Do not see people as problems people but in an opportunity to show them God's love.
9. What influence effect I have to others? Neutral/negative/salt or change agent. Does my life challenge people?
10. Do I have joy? The kingdom of God has three characteristics: righteousness, peace, and Joy. Is it there?