Monday, April 13, 2015

The Postage Stamp Vegetable Garden

In the cold dark winters of Alaska, reading a book about fresh vegetable gardens helps chase away the blues.  I found that this book by Karen Newcomb to be refreshing and informative.  In The Postage Stamp Vegetable Garden:  Grow Tons of Organic Vegetables in Tiny Spaces and Containers, to be a beginners guide to the cost-effective way to grow lots of vegetables in a smaller space.  Now Alaska is enormous, but I don't have the time to weed and maintain a huge plot of land.  In her book, she explains how the benefit of close fitting vegetables helps with both weeding and watering two important items a gardener must be diligent with.

I enjoyed seeing her way of positing plants so that they complement each other and help with the pest invasion.  Her writings dig into the depth of gardening without being too complicated.  This book inspired me, and I hope it will encourage you to go and grow!

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment