Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Yak

Life is not random.  Those who call Jesus as Lord, have a specific purpose.  I am thankful for the burden God has placed on my life to love others.

I was reading this morning about the Lord and how I need to be the branch from John 15. However, since Jesus is the vine and the Father is the vinedresser, I need to abide IN HIM to bear much fruit, for apart from HIM you can do nothing.  I love that.  And we are loved by Him.  Jesus later says in the same talk, "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

It is not burdensome, it is as hard as it to be a branch.  The energy and love comes from God.  I just need to be available and filled with His love to love others well. I am still learning.

Thankfully, we have a neat place to show God's love is at The YAK.  Recently opened in this fall, it host a place for the youth to hangout.  It is a safe, fun environment that youth can come and connect with friends after school.  There is no membership we just want to engage youth through conversations and games so that they know they are loved.

I recently read that prior to the Yak, a girl wrote on a survey that she would just go home and be alone waiting for her parents to get off work.  Now, she has a place where she belongs.

Often, I am just a listener of the stickiness of high school life.  Sometimes, I can share the hope I have in Christ.  Other times, I beat someone in Connect 4.  Always, I can give of my time to share love and hope to others because God has loved me so much.

Thanks to Andy and all the people who dreamed to have a Youth Center.  Thanks to all those who gave money, time, and labor to make it stunning.  If you would like to support The Yak, you can by clicking here.




No comments:

Post a Comment