Sunday, November 9, 2014

I am right!

What is your world view?  It means what makes the driving decisions for all conversations.  Do you want what the Lord wants as your priority or what you want?

I wrestle with so many things, but it was interesting hearing a lively conversation during football expressing the various views of wealth, capitalism, and ethics. Especially since, the Chicago Bears didn't bother to play today.  Go Green Bay.

While trying to discern a familiar verse on love found in 1 Corinthians 13:6, "it (love) does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth," I had no idea that my rudeness would be such a perfect example.  I knew that it is not good to rejoice in doing things that are bad, but what exactly is the activity of rejoicing in the truth.  

You see, as I was reaping a wonderful day with others, great teaching on a podcast, I ended up coming up stairs and within a minute, I was rude and not patient with my daughter and James.  However, walking 3 feet away, conviction came QUICKLY, and I apologized and ended up the rest of the night enjoying my family.   

just as a old cream can ruin a perfectly good cup of coffee, a little slip of a word can ruin a perfectly good day
The next day, I could see (with the help of my sunday school amazing women) that I rejoice in the conviction of the truth that pointed out my error and didn't allow me to stay spiteful or rude.   I can rejoice in the truth of God's word that wants me to be kind and patience with my words and not unbecomingly.  

I also agree that it is not the blatant rejoicing at wrongdoings (like yeah-I stole a car), but it could be the simple justifying my wrong attitude or making excuses.  (Thanks Juli).

Now, I need to go do some mail and not cry because it was 51 degrees here in Alaska tonight, and we are going down to a cold front in Texas.  Ugh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment