Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Death.

Grief.  I don't know how it ever becomes easy.  Death stinks.  Grieving from afar is even worse.  It just doesn't seem real.  However, because of both a dear pastor dying and my Aunt Linda dying within hours of each other, death is super close.

“The death of a beloved is an amputation.” 
― C.S. LewisA Grief Observed

It takes me about two minutes on reading the "left behind" people to send me into a torrent of tears.  Recently I spent time reading about a dear friend who's spouse died of cancer.  His words are so real and pain so evident.  Walking through those milestone dates (birthdays that never increase, anniversary's alone).

Another family is also grieving their last days with their baby Gabe.  He has aggressive brain tumor and given only a few weeks to live.  I love what she says about this process, " It is difficult to grieve WITH people, but it is impossible to grieve alone."

So, grab a tissue, a come beside someone who is hurting and grieve together.  I am just so thankful that this is NOT the end.  We do have a living hope.  Death is conquered through Jesus.  He rose again proving that this is not the end.  It stinks for the ones who are still awaiting our time (those left behind).  But, I am thankful that I will be with my loving Savior for all eternity.  






No comments:

Post a Comment