Monday, November 3, 2014

BOASTFUL POST

I am so thankful for the new sunday school class that Juli and I have.  It is a very simple format:  pray, check our verses, introduce the new verse, talk about the verse, prayer request, and pray.  It has been a great time to lay down our weekly burdens to one another.  

We have seen God answer prayer.  Which for me ignites even more prayers.  Our God answers prayers!  
It also is a great time for me to unwind and lift our voices in prayer before entering the sanctuary.  
One of the recent topics that we shared was regarding about how to handle boasting.  Because the verse we are memorizing is 1 Cor 13:4 "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast"

I know how proud it is to be a parent but, we should boast in the Lord.  And when you have something to share about your child, make sure that you are eager to hear what others have going for their own child.  God has uniquely created these children, and we want to give the glory back to Him.  

So as I listened to the sermon on Ephesians 1, I wrote down the amazing gifts that I will love to boast in.  These are the truths that God has made in me because of Jesus.
Ephesians 1:7 REDEEMED:  I used to be a slave to sin, I couldn't break the pattern of sin in my life.  Even with all my effort, I couldn't be good/perfect/loving all the time.  I have been redeemed and bought with a price (Jesus, who is perfect, death on a cross).

Ephesians 1:7 FORGIVEN:  I am thankful for the freedom of guilt and shame to be perfectly loved by the Most Holy God.  I can rest in that forgiveness.  

Ephesians 1:8 WISE:  I am thankful for the wisdom that I have in Christ.  I love the insight he lavishes on me to understand His will.  I can understand his grace.  I can be a wise parent, a wise wife and with the Holy Spirit that lives in me guiding me.  

Ephesians 1:9 UNDERSTANDING:  I know God's plan, the gift of Jesus.  It is not based on my goodness.  Thank you for the sacrifice of His perfect son.  I have a full inheritance because of God's good pleasure.  

Ephesians 1:10 WAIT We have a future hope in Christ.  God is waiting for the exact time for the New heaven and the New earth.  

Ephesians 1:11 CHOSEN:  I am predestined (chosen before) according to His will.  I am loved. 

Ephesians 1:12 DELIGHTS: God celebrates me because of my faith in Jesus.  I am adopted in his forever family.  

Ephesians 1:13  INCLUDED:  I don't have to wonder, but I can know that I am included and that I am sealed with the Holy Spirit.  I am thankful for the rich seal that can NEVER be undone.  

Ephesians 1: 14 SEALED We are sealed instantly when I walked by faith and became His child.  His seal on my life is always visible.  It is not based on my emotions but a permanent seal (in the palm of His hands).   

Ps.  I am also thankful for the story of Les Mis as it is a story of redemption of a sinner and one who never could accept that perfect grace.  Lord, help me to boast in YOU!  

No comments:

Post a Comment