Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pour out...Pouring in

So my husband was able to attend a great conference in Seattle with some of the amazing pastors from our church.  Thankfully, I was able to attend as well (sort of).  It was free online.  I felt kinda funny walking around with a large ipad attached to my ear.  (I didn't bring headphones and the speaker wasn't loud at all).

I spent the first day (Tuesday) at home. So, while the kids were doing school, I escaped to the bedroom at first trying to see James through the live video feed, but then to listen.  I was taking a break from my pouring out to others to get full from the Word.




One of the biggest take away for me from the conference was the importance of letting your children to enjoy the ministry.  Don't let them think for one moment that they are serving a weak or poor King.  We have tried to communicate with our words the valuable role they play as being PK or MK.  However, I really wanted to show them.

So...We left!  We totally left.  I loaded up the car/Dane/popcorn/Milk/Cereal/audio books and  drove to Seward. We got a hotel room.  The kids were thrilled!

Since we had such a warm fall, no snow on the pass to Seward.  No snow anywhere.  But, the cloudless sky and the mountain pass with no town for 50 miles made a night of awe and jaw dropping star gazing.  I found a place to turn off the car.  Bronwyn laid on the ground looking up.  It was as bright as an African Night in the felt.

Back in the car, I see something a little off the road.  I do a quick u-turn.  It was a LYNX recently killed by a car.  It scared Bronwyn as she is so sensitive to animals.  However, I thought it was so neat to see.  (this is not a photo of Alaska now, we still have no snow on the flat lands.)

I was able again to listen to the sermons while the kids watched TV (we still don't have one so, they loved it).  But, after the last session, I encouraged them to jump in the car and we went beach combing.  We found a cove with no wind, jellyfish aplenty, and beauty galore.



The Seward Sealife center was open for only us (there was one other guest in the entire center). *Free on Wednesday. We got to watch sea lions dive while I listened again with the Ipad to my ear.  *note to self, bring headphones next time. I loved touching all the tidal pool stuff.  Fun!


I am thankful for the children and the God I serve that values them.  They are so wonderful.  I am glad that He fills me so that I can pour into them and love them well.
I am thankful for the time to stop doing and just be.
May the Lord always direct my steps as I seek to honor Jesus with my life.
Nor pain or hardship, I know my GOD is faithful and He will do it!
Praise the Creator of Heaven and Earth... His name is JESUS.




No comments:

Post a Comment