Thursday, November 14, 2013

Love to be together...at Christmas


I was listening to K-love tonight.  They were talking about being reunited with family.  And I thought, this is what I would say in less than 100 words to win a free trip about why I would love to have my parents together with us here in Alaska.


My parents were divorced when I was 10. On Christmas morning, I woke up abandoned. It wasn't until college, when I became a Christian after a hard life of anger and numbness. My parents remarried each other after being divorced for 23 years while my husband and I served as missionaries in Africa for almost 10 years. Now we serve in a church in Alaska and I haven't had a Christmas with both my parents since I was ten. Please let us have the joy of being together as a true family up here in Alaska.

There is only one day left in the competition.  But, it was a sweet longing in my heart.  I love and cherish these two people.

No comments:

Post a Comment