Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mind Running Wild

If you have ever been in a doctors office and they decide they need more tests because of some abnormality-you know the feeling that I have.  Yesterday, I was doing a precautionary exam and the radiologist recommends that I have a biopsy to rule out cancer.  I left the hospital singing songs of Praise.

I wasn't shocked.  Earlier, I had a dream (this week), that I did have cancer.  This could just be a false alarm which would be amazing, but the mind goes instantly to the end of life.  I love Jesus and to be with Him is my hearts desire.  Often, I talk about the greatness of leaving this world and being united with my Redeemer and Friend.  It is not me (the thought of death) that I am upset about, but I did cry once at the thought of not being here for my children at their various stages of life.

So, I think it would be good (because we never know when we get to meet our Maker) to write letters of advice and words of love for them at times when they need a mom to comfort or talk to.

Then, as I was working on my Bible Study, I was hit with the fact of how amazing my husband is.  He is the most humble man I know.  How I need and want to let him know how deep I love him.

I am thankful for this abnormality in my body because it gives me a chance to prioritize and reorder the life I do have!  In everything, I want to give praise to my Father who is walking with me.  He knows everything.  I trust Him!  *Just at the last second, they decided to add an additional test (that the doctor didn't order) which is where they found the mass, thank you Father for being in Control.

If you want to pray.
1) pray for my mind to be renewed on the truths of scripture
2) pray for a clear bill of health from the biopsy