Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mind Running Wild

If you have ever been in a doctors office and they decide they need more tests because of some abnormality-you know the feeling that I have.  Yesterday, I was doing a precautionary exam and the radiologist recommends that I have a biopsy to rule out cancer.  I left the hospital singing songs of Praise.

I wasn't shocked.  Earlier, I had a dream (this week), that I did have cancer.  This could just be a false alarm which would be amazing, but the mind goes instantly to the end of life.  I love Jesus and to be with Him is my hearts desire.  Often, I talk about the greatness of leaving this world and being united with my Redeemer and Friend.  It is not me (the thought of death) that I am upset about, but I did cry once at the thought of not being here for my children at their various stages of life.

So, I think it would be good (because we never know when we get to meet our Maker) to write letters of advice and words of love for them at times when they need a mom to comfort or talk to.

Then, as I was working on my Bible Study, I was hit with the fact of how amazing my husband is.  He is the most humble man I know.  How I need and want to let him know how deep I love him.

I am thankful for this abnormality in my body because it gives me a chance to prioritize and reorder the life I do have!  In everything, I want to give praise to my Father who is walking with me.  He knows everything.  I trust Him!  *Just at the last second, they decided to add an additional test (that the doctor didn't order) which is where they found the mass, thank you Father for being in Control.

If you want to pray.
1) pray for my mind to be renewed on the truths of scripture
2) pray for a clear bill of health from the biopsy




13 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for your heart and the role model you are for me. I am praying--I love you so very much! Praying for nothing to show up, but thankful if something does, that we have the Healer at the forefront! Hugs to you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your state of mind and full trust is inspiring, dear Ella. I am praying for you and your heart as you wait. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your prayers, my mind has been at peace and I have been able to rest soundly. Thankfully, God know everything. He will carry me through whatever. Also, many people (that I know personally) have walked this journey. It is neat to see the empathy in the heart of other believer. Thanks does not express my hearts gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you lots this week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got an appointment Next Tuesday at 1pm. Alaska Standard Time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Serious knee praying for you and yours this week, my friend. Sending you loads of love ... Luann

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been on my mind lately. I always pray for you on your anniversary, even if I forget to send you congratulations! Will keep praying! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you, my Friend. I'm grateful that Jesus is right there with you while I'm wishing I were near enough to give you a great big hug. Will be remembering you and praying for your Tuesday appointment. Lots of love, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everyone. If you want to pray Psalm 18 truths over my mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Biopsy was simple and painless. (I am not joking). I did have some complications afterwards, but a few hours later, I am resting and at home. Results this week, but I trust the God who knows all. I truly have a peace. My mind is focused on the One, Shelter, Rock. Not on the results.

    Thanks again. I felt like I had a baton of prayer warriors lifting me through this. Pray always and with everything give thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep us posted! I will continue to pray for you!

    Tim and April Gardner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for praying.

    http://ellaembree.blogspot.com/2013/01/results-are-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such good news, Ella. Praise God, our Provider! his Grace is sufficient. I am praying for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete