Sunday, October 21, 2012

Freedom in a Field

Behind our home is a huge field. We live in a dense subdivision with many homes.  Pioneer Peak Mountain serves as a backdrop to the hayfields.  During the hay season, we are respectful of the farmers and do not trudge along the stalks.  However, last week the hay dried out and the farmer was able to bale the hay.  It is now a place of freedom.

Tonight, I took Willow (great dane) and a blanket out into "my" field.  I found a perfect spot and laid on the field gazing expectantly at the stars.  The wind has stopped after a full blown weekend of activities, and I rested.  A true sabbath.  Willow tends to run and play but often comes and sits with me.

I am thankful for the freedom in the fields.

2 comments:

  1. So thankful for your Sabbath. I enjoyed a great day of hiking up Blue Mountain with my friend. Wow--so beautiful and relaxing and a precious time together with encouraging conversation. :) Can't believe how BIG Willow is! :) Enjoy your field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday started off rough, but smooth sailing and we all enjoyed having Dad at home today. Bike Ride, Dominion Game *Max and I tied, school done with spunk. Willows mom had 9 puppies two days ago! The other great dane had 12puppies! Glad I am not them.

    ReplyDelete