Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Why I want no electricity

I am so thankful to be able to have an Ipad this year for school (Mat-Su Central). People in this amazing state of Alaska can sign up for a school district that allows us to teach at home.  While under the umbrella of this home education, we are given a teacher and money to purchase supplies and classes.  The teacher provides me with the checks and balances for what we are teaching to what the child is learning.

Having an Ipad makes finding information so easy.  So, while I was spending time in God's Word I had my ipad right next to me.  Every time I had a random thought (which surprisingly I have many), I could just touch my ipad and find my answers.  After 2 hours of "spending time with Jesus" I had yet to pray.

The ironic thing is the passage that I was reading was the Luke 22 garden of gethsemane prayer with Jesus and His disciples.  Since the disciples were suppose to pray (Jesus told them to) but they fell asleep. I didn't fall asleep.  But, I did fall into temptation for information.  I should of heeded Jesus' request to “Pray that you will not fall into temptation."

So, after a conversation with Mary (missionary in South Africa--love her), I decided candlelight, tape recorder for music (not the ipad), coffee, and a printed bible plan (not on the ipad), and a Bible (not a online bible) will be for me and Jesus in the morning less I fall into temptation.



3 comments:

  1. Love you, friend, and appreciate the challenge you give by living your life out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mary--and yes, REAL versions are best because there are just too many distractions with the others!! Love you and keep plugging away with HIM!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. Thanks for sharing this Ella & reminding me where my focus should be. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete