Monday, July 30, 2012

Discerning God's Will

It has been over a year since we left South Africa.  Life just looks different.  But, it is exactly where we God wants us to be.

Lately I have had a few people ask, "Do you miss South Africa?" Of course!  I just got done cheering on the South African Gold medalist swimmer  Cameron van der Burgh.  We miss the people and ministry.  I came across a photo of my kitchen on facebook (with other missionaries living there) and was choked up.  In my mind I thought, "that is my kitchen". 

However, I have seen actual signs that God wants us here in little Palmer, Alaska.  I love the friendly but warm town.  Often we run into people from the library to the grocery store.  My children know that a  quick trip for milk is an easy 30 minutes because your bound to connect with others.  My heart aches for the pain that is here as well; from a teenaged mom with twins, child abuse, to the death of a little one year old boy to cancer.  Being close to people hurts as well. 


We still love MISSIONS!
Today, we spent the afternoon with a person that James had the joy of discipling and leading to the Lord.  He is a missionary with Cru!  We welcomed Mark & Alicia Lovejoy and their three amazing boys. It was also a blessing to see Tyler and Laura Gates who work with TransWorld Radio.  They served with us short-term in South Africa.  Thank you Lord for the puppeteers that did an excellent job at the Children's Church on "Jonah and the Call".  We love our church, our friends, and our Lord.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! I deleted one because there were 2, and now there are none--figures. Lets try again. I miss Africa as well. I too, get teary-eyed when I see those pics of "your" house. I think its because I miss those times we shared together there--the joys/sorrows/heartache/happiness, etc. I'm so glad you are in Palmer, because I have seen the amazing ways God is using you to build into others there--and it makes my heart so happy. Keep on pressing on, my friend!

    ReplyDelete