Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Remove those Masks!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the newest Bible Study by Lysa Terkhurst Unglued.   Even if the lessons have hit closer to my heart than usual.  However, one of the hard places that she revealed is my tendency to stuff instead of deal with issues.

To portray a surface-y "I'm okay" when I am really just building walls.  Telling myself, that hurts-lets not get close to that person.  And I loose out of a relationship. *putting on Masks!!

I also been convicted that I might turn the other cheek but actually just deny the conflict by avoiding it.  No, my life is not riddled with conflict and some disagreements do not need to have a conversation (it is good to overlook an offense-Proverbs).  But, if that unchecked attitude starts to dwell and cause me to distance myself from healthy relationships with others, I need to take it to the Lord and deal with it.

Another big lesson learned (or reminded) is "to fight for relationships not against them".  In applying this principle, I need to remember who the real enemy is (not the offender- but Satan) He wants to stir up discord and bitterness.  So, I either need to join in with the Lord and work on my issues instead of fighting against the other person and demand my rights.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to give Satan any part of my conflict.  Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

I love another book that I am reading which gives me hope.  It is a reminder that all this trials, conflict, pain, will have a positive effect on my life.  It will expose my need for a BIG GOD.  I can lay down my pain at His feet.  I love what Mrs. Warren says, "God uses trials to awaken us from the anesthetic spell of the world, which keeps us grasping for scraps of earthly joy and blinds us to the joy that awaits us in the Lord."

Lastly, the best lesson is who's battle is this?  Is it the Lords or mine.  I love having a God who fights for me!  I am just required to do my part.  But, the battle is the Lord.  2 Chronicles 20:15 This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 

I hope you are encouraged by the mask removal work God is doing and will continue to do as I grow more like Him daily.  (BTW-I write this blog not just for people who will read it, but more for a journal of the issues/progress in my life no matter how imperfect it looks-I hope that my transparency will encourage you and see that He is my ALL IN ALL.)


No comments:

Post a Comment