Monday, November 25, 2013

Beyond Blessed


As I have written in the past, the day I heard James Embree preach on Easter, was the day of our first date. No, we didn't plan it that way. But, as the day enveloped, it was our first date.

On Sunday, I got to hear my favorite preacher.  You might like famous ones,  or dead ones like Luther, but I know this man.  He lives what he believes.  When he speaks, it is trustworthy.  I don't know if they will get the audio uploaded on the website.  But if you would like to read James' sermon on Ruth.  The Faith of a Foreign Woman.

Yes, he did tell a few jokes.  But that is acceptable.  In Africa, almost everyone of his jokes went flat.  I laughed, but no one else.  Yesterday, people got them.

However, the lessons of complete surrender to the Lord-forsaking everything like Ruth, standing with Integrity like Boaz, and renewed hope/life in Naomi makes this a hallmark channel redemption story.

Thankful for a godly husband that is what he preaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment