Sunday, December 16, 2012

Not me, but You Lord



A few months back, Jason from church asked James and I to be narrators for the Christmas choir production, "Hope is Born".   We said yes but only had a few practices.  However, during rehearsal my words got all mottled.  I struggled with simple words but the complicated phrases came out even more messed up.  I tend to get excited and animated with the added fact I am a champion skim-reader.  I needed help.

However, after three performances I can honestly say, God helped me.  It was about Him.  The choir hit notes that were so perfect.  At one point when the choir sang about how the baby came to die, I was moved.  I loved being a co-narrator with James from the other side of the stage.

Honestly, being able to exalt my Savior Jesus to people I love, I felt God smiling on me.  It will be a moment in my short-timeline when I can say I was experiencing God's pleasure because "God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him."  (John Piper)

 Great job to all the hard work at Lazy Mountain Bible Church and directing from Jason Patton.

No comments:

Post a Comment