Monday, March 12, 2012

Humbled Hands

You know when your planning for something that is "out there" in the future, it sometimes just doesn't seem real. Life is full, and you don't have the time to think and ponder the upcoming event. Well, going on this short-term mission trip has been one of those things.  Because of an abundance of snow, we weren't able to do the shed for our church as a practice/team building skill.  So, I haven't been able to do much (besides pray) leading up to our departure on THURSDAY night.

Until last Friday at our meeting we were given... the names.  I was handed a short list of a grandfather and his two grandchildren Oliver 2, Catherine 5.  This family will have a new home to live in after our mission trip is finished.  My mind starts racing with questions:  What is their story? How did the parents die?  Where are they staying now?  

Overwhelmed, I think of how I never build anything.  Ugh.  Our little team of 6 people will be helping this family construct a small home.  I can't do this.  The verse that screams out, "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief (Luke 9:24)."  

God has often put me in these places.  Places where I am humbled and He is glorified.  I don't know how it is going to happen, but I am excited to see Him show up and enable these willing hands to do the job.  "He who has called you is faithful and HE WILL DO IT" (1 Thess 5:24).   Isn't that how faith and trust is.

Your welcome to follow the team as we leave to Guatemala this week. http://www.paradisebound.org/blogs.html
I don't know who will write them, but you can hear what we are doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment