Friday, January 6, 2012

Lost skiing

Yesterday, I was fortunate to spend a 1/2 day with the Lord. It was exactly 6 months after the last time.  I didn't plan it that way.  It just was.

You may ask what in the world is she talking about.  A day with the Lord?  I thought everyday was "with the Lord."  But, it is kinda like a date. I plan the day (or 1/2 a day) with a place and no distractions.  Because I love nature, I usually go to somewhere to enjoy the Lord in His creation.  I find a baby sitter. And I spend some unhindered time of worship, reading the Bible, sometimes singing (since no one else is around), and just quietness.

I listen to His Word and see if anything sticks out. (command to follow, a promise to believe).  This years verse was in Matthew "obey my commands and teach others" with "let your light so shine before men that they see your good works and praise your father in heaven."

Then I evaluate (strengths/weakness) vs. activities.  Then I make adjustments in my life to what God wants me to do this next season of life.


During my outdoor time, I went skate skiing on the new to me Colony High School trails.  I loved them.  The trails were nicely groomed.  One time, I made it up a crazy high hill.  I got to the top and looked over and was like "I am NOT going down that."  Seriously, there was a huge drop off and then a sharp turn.  (it wasn't like this photo but, you get the point)


 I am a beginner skier and I haven't been taught how to turn or stop (besides the snow plow).  So, I began to go down the mountain (okay a hill) creeping parallel walking.  Then I finally decided, I must fear not, and go. I did. It was actually really fun.   There were all these neat trails darting off in different directions.  However, I ended up getting totally lost.  I kept going in circles with no signs.  I was so disoriented.  I had no idea where the school was and a bit exhausted of skiing.  I almost decided to call someone to rescue me.  Then out of the blue, this lady just skied across the trail.  She ended up easily guiding me to the school. She knew the way and it was simple.  I was so thankful.

My skiing adventure is somewhat like people's walk with the Lord, they begin on the right trail but get distracted doing alot of good things.  However, they get worn out and need to get help and lean on the Saviors leading.  So, that is what I try to do.  I end up writing it down and having James (my husband) look over it and also give it to a mentor.  I only want to do the Lord's will so He is most glorified.

Needless to say, James and I are going to a free skate skiing clinic tomorrow.  I hope I can learn to turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment