Thursday, December 29, 2011

suffering from a distance

When I start to pray, God prompts me to bring different people to my mind.  Right now, like most of you, can probably list a handful of people going through enormous amount of pain or sickness.  The dreaded "C" word or others who are hurting.

Another one today came to my knowledge, of a person who just loves Jesus but is walking on eggshells with his life in God's hands like Pastor Jim Eller (above).  Ugh.

I know it is good enough to pray, but often I want to do more.  What do you do to encourage, comfort, lift-up people in your life who is hurting?

Bruce & Carol Britten our dear co-workers in Swaziland who's only daughter is battling cancer.

1 comment:

  1. I pray, visit, and love them with food. I guess there's just something special about a warm, home-cooked meal delivered--it says LOVE.

    ReplyDelete